Welcome!

I'm a 27 year old female that is attempting to get healthy and slim. I signed up for Slimgenics on 06/05/2010 and have a little over a year commitment with them. Follow my journey as the pounds hopefully melt off, and I'm able to put my skinny jeans back on!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

05/06/2010 – I walked into the Edina Slimgenics location and immediately noticed that everyone was wearing scrubs. There was no way these people were actually physicians, I could tell that just by looking at them. Wearing a uniform that does not belong to your profession should be left for Halloween and strippers, but I digress.

I met with J in his private office after he weighed me. Seeing 273.75 on the scale was something I never wanted to see again, so he really didn’t have to sway me too hard to drop over $750.00 on my year long program. I did flinch a little when I had to spend another 255 on 20 boxes of snacks (a requirement for the program), although the thought that I would need to buy 80 more boxes really made me queasy.

I was told I would start my detox on Tuesday and today was Saturday. I had three more days to do as much damage as I could, and trust me I did…Ice Cream, burgers, pizza, Rice Krispy treats, waffles, doughnuts, bagels with cream cheese, bacon, and potatoes. I was also regretting the decision I had made to start Slimgenics. “How did I just spend almost $1,000 on this!?!”, “What happens if I fail?”, “OMG, No Peanut Butter or pickles!?!” By the time I started my prep days I was sure I had gained even more weight, but I didn’t have to weigh in again until Wednesday.

I followed the prep days to a T, and although I don’t think I’ve ever forced myself to drink that much water I felt pretty good. I was nervous for my weigh in on Wednesday since I had come off the deep end the whole weekend before. To my surprise I was down 2.5 lbs.

The next day was our meeting where I was lured into purchasing 30 more boxes of snacks and the cookbook, but found out that I was down another 2.25 pounds from the day before. This brought my three day prep day total to 4.75 pounds. Not bad…I might be able to do this yet.

Day 1 – Friday (6/11/2010): I woke up EARLY. I was nervous that I wouldn’t have time to make my breakfast and get my food ready for the day. I spent hours last night figuring out what I was going to eat, and then went grocery shopping. Fresh produce is expensive. No wonder I’m fat. It’s WAY cheaper to buy a burger at Wendy’s (Mmmmm Frosty!) than to buy fresh fruit and veggies! The key to me being successful on this plan is to plan, plan, plan. I'm happy I started on plan 4 where they require you to eat breakfast. I get to start everyday with a piece of toast, an orange, and a small portion of scrambled eggs. The pills you have to swallow are a bit much though. I'm not sure Ill be staying on those after my initial supply runs out.

I weighed in after work and I have gained weight. I was up 2 lbs. I joked that I was wearing heavy clothes, but to my surprise they agreed. I as wearing a jacket and jeans, and the last time I weighed in I was in workout pants and a light t-shirt. I couldn't believe it, but seeing a higher number didn't bother me for the first time in my life. I know that I had been following the plan perfectly, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about. This was a minor setback, if one at all. I decided I'd come back tomorrow wearing the same clothes as i had two days ago. Then I'd have a more accurate picture.

Day 2 - Weighing in...Down a total of 6 pounds for the week (actually 5 days since I started on Tuesday!) Heck yes! I called three people that I had told I joined Slimgenics; my twin, my boyfriend, and my friend Ann. I can't wait until I lose enough weight that people actually start to notice. I was a bit nervous about seeing my weight every time I weigh in. I sometimes start to obsess about the number and go a little crazy. I've resolved that I would not but a scale for at home though, so hopefully that will help.

Day 3 (sunday) - I won't be posting everyday, but I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself today. I went to the Twins game AND the bar, and didn't have anything off plan. I packed a sandwich, an apple, and a snack for the game. At the bar I just had water. That in itself is a miracle :) I love a good cocktail The alcohol is going to be the hardest, but I seem to be getting more and more determined as the days go by. Tomorrow is a new day and a new weigh in. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Skinny jeans here I come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment